ELLLO Beginner English Lesson 1-09
Part 1: Learn the Grammar
Watch the video explaining the grammar point.
Part 2: Test Your Grammar
Now review the lesson and take the quiz. How good is your grammar?
Point 1: Subject pronouns take the place of a person or person's name.
- Sally is a farmer. She works outside.
- Bob is a doctor. He works at a hospital.
- Bob and Sally are married. They have one child.
- They have a house. It is really big.
- We like them. You will too!
Point 2: The first person subject pronoun (I, we) refers to the speaker. It can be singular (S) or plural (P).
- (S) I have a pool.
- (S) I swim every day
- (P) We love Italian food.
- (P) We eat it often.
Point 3: The second person subject pronoun (you) refers to the listener. It can be singular (S) or plural (P).
- (S) You are nice.
- (S) You should come.
- (P) You (all) can sit down.
- (P) You (guys) should come.
Point 4: The third person subject pronoun (he, she, it, they) refers a person, people, thing or things.
- I like Bob. He is nice.
- I also like Sue. She is funny.
- Bob and Sue are married. They have one child.
- They have a house. It is really big and nice.
- They have two cars. They rarely drive them.
Take the Quiz