ELLLO Beginner English Lesson Set 1-10
Part 1: Learn the Grammar
Watch the video explaining the grammar point.
Part 2: Test Your Grammar
Now review the lesson and take the quiz.. How good is your grammar?
Point 1: Subject pronouns take the place of a person or noun.
- I love music. It makes me happy.
- You are here. I did not see you.
- Did you see Sue? I just saw her.
- Where is Tony? Did you see him?
- I like your jacket. Where did you buy it?
- My students are funny. I like them so much.
- These shoes are dirty. I need to clean them.
- We will leave soon. Give us a call tomorrow.
Point 2: The first person object pronoun (me, us) refers to the speaker. It can be singular (S) or plural (P).
- (S) Tell me a story.
- (S) My teacher makes me laugh.
- (P) They help us a lot.
- (P) Did you see us on TV?
Point 3: The second person object pronoun (you) refers to the listener. It can be singular (S) or plural (P).
- (S) I like you.
- (S) I will call you later.
- (P) I like you (guys).
- (P) I will call you (all) later.
Point 4: The third person subject pronoun (him, her, it, them) refers a person, people, thing or things.
- I like Bob. I see him every day.
- I also like Sue. I often see her at the gym.
- Bob and Sue eat out often. I join them sometimes.
- They have a horse. They let me ride it.
- They have two cars. They never use them.
Take the Quiz