Present Continuous / Future
Man: Why are you leaving
Woman: I’m going to the dentist.
Man: Why? Do you have a toothache?
Woman: No, I’m getting my teeth cleaned.
Man: Well, if you are leaving early, I’m leaving early too.
Woman: Fine with me!
Man: What are you doing
Woman: I’m meeting my mom for dinner.
Man: Oh! Where are you going?
Woman: We are going to the new Thai restaurant. Join us!
Man: Thanks, but I can’t. I’m playing futsal tonight.
Woman: Well, maybe next time.
Man: What classes are you
taking next term?
Woman: I’m taking math and history.
Man: Nice, I’m taking math too!
Woman: Who is teaching the class?
Man: Professor Smith is teaching it.
Woman: Oh no, I hear he is hard!
Man: What is going on tonight?
Woman: Bill is having a party.
Man: Oh, really? When and where?
Woman: He’s having it at his house. It is starting at six.
Man: Who is going?
Woman: Everyone’s going. You should come!
- I am meeting my dad tonight.
- I am working tomorrow.
- I'm not doing anything tonight.
- I'm not leaving until Monday.
- I'm meeting Sue tomorrow.
- My mother is coming over tonight.
- She's not arriving until Sunday.
- The meeting is starting soon.
- I am not working tomorrow. (Other people expect it.)
- I am going to stay home and study.
- Bob is not coming to the party. (Other people expect it.)
- He is going to skip the party this time.
- I am meeting my friend for lunch.
- I am going to meet my friend for lunch.
- I am leaving for Spain on Monday.
- I am going to leave for Spain on Monday.
- I will meet you tomorrow. (I just thought to do this.)
- I am going to meet you tomorrow. (I already thought of it.)
- I'm meeting you tomorrow. (It's scheduled. Other people know about it.)
Gap Fill: Complete the conversation with the correct word!
Grammar Listening Practice
No, he isn’t. His partner can’t play today.
I might retire this year.
I do not like living there because the winters are really cold.
I’m meeting my mom for dinner.
I want something, but not just anything.