Man: Are we still playing football on Tuesday?
Woman: Yes, I think so. Why do you ask?
Man: Well, the weather forecast says it will rain.
Woman: Well, if it rains, we will play in the gym. I will send an email to everyone explaining this.
Man: Do you think we will have enough players?
Woman: Yes, I think so. We need 8 players to play. If we don’t get enough players, we will cancel though.
Man: Do you think we will get enough players to play?
Woman: I think so, but if we don’t, I will let everyone know.
Man: I am having a party on Saturday. Would you like to come?
Woman: I would love to if I have time. I might be busy though.
Man: Well, the party will go until midnight, so please come if you have time.
Woman: Thanks. Should I bring anything?
Man: No, I think I have everything covered, but you can bring extra drinks if you like.
Woman: OK, can I park at your house?
Man: Parking might be a problem, so if you can, I would take the subway.
Woman: OK, I will do that.
Man: If it is raining though, just call and I will pick you up from the station.
Woman: Thanks, No need though. If I need to, I will go grab a taxi.
Man: Great. I hope you can make it.
Woman: I’ll try my best. If I can’t, I’ll let you know.
Man: What are your plans for tonight?
Woman: Well, if there is something good on Netflix, I will watch a movie. What about you?
Man: I think will go to the gym if I have enough energy.
Woman: What do you do at the gym?
Man: I take a spinning class.
Woman: Oh, that sounds fun.
Man: It is, but it starts at 7, so unless I finish my work on time, I can’t go.
Woman: Well, you better get busy then.
Man: Yes, I know.
Man: What are your plans for the winter holiday?
Woman: I want to go skiing if there is enough snow.
Man: Oh, that sounds fun. Who will you go with?
Woman: I will go with my parents, and a few friends if they can make it. What about you?
Man: I will likely stay home. I might work on my novel if I feel like it.
Woman: Oh, I didn’t know you are writing a book.
Man: Yeah, this is my third one. I try to keep it secret.
Woman: Really! I had no idea. What books have you written?
Man: Well, I’ll tell you, but only if you promise to keep it a secret.
Woman: I promise. So what is the book?
Man: Well …
- If it rains, I will go out tonight.
- If you win the next race, you will have chance of winning gold.
- If we hurry, we can make it.
- If we get busy, I cannot meet you.
- If I see Mary, I will tell her the bad news.
- If we can pass these exams, we will be happy.
- If you come over, I will make you dinner.
- If it happens, it happens.
- I will tell Mary the bad news if I see her.
- We will be happy if we pass these exams.
- I will call you if we are late.
- We will lose if we do not try harder.
- I may tell Mary the bad news if I see her.
- If you do your homework, you can watch TV.
- You should get there on time if the traffic is not bad.
- If he does that again, I would tell the boss.
Grammar Listening Practice
I’d like to be a chef. I want to have my own restaurant.
I have been to Japan, Korea and China.
What do you have to do today?
When it snows, do you go skiing?
Well, if it rains, we will play in the gym.