Where is everyone?
Part 1: Daniel goes to Hana's house.
Daniel: Hey, I'm really sorry I'm late. I came as fast as I could.
Hana: It's OK. Nobody has really come yet.
Daniel: Why? Where are they?
Hana: Well, John is shopping. He is getting some food.
Daniel: OK, what about Emma? Where is she?
Hana: Emma has an exam, so she is studying and she is going to come later.
Daniel: OK, how about Alex? I don't see him around.
Hana: Oh, Alex is over there. He is preparing for the BBQ.
Daniel: Oh, yeah, that's right. And how about Marcus and Emily?
Hana: They are over there. They are playing.
Daniel: Oh, so how many people are left? Who else is coming?
Hana: Uh, I don't know. No one has really contacted me yet.
Daniel: Oh, well, let's hope we can get around ten people maybe.
Hana: Yes, I hope so.
Part 2: Hana goes to Daniel's house.
Daniel: Hello, come in.
Hana: Where is everyone?
Daniel: Well, everyone is doing something right now.
Hana: Oh, really? Where's your mom?
Daniel: My mom? She's at the mall. I think she's shopping. I think she's getting the groceries for the week.
Hana: Oh! How about your dad?
Daniel: Well, every weekend he goes to the country club, so I think he's playing golf with his friend now.
Hana: Where's your brother and sister?
Daniel: My brother, he's upstairs. I think he's probably sleeping or playing video games as he always does. And my sister, she's at school. She's playing soccer cause she has a game today.
Hana: Oh, really? When does the game start?
Daniel: I think in twenty or thirty minutes.
Hana: Let's go watch it.
Daniel: Really, that sounds fun. Let's go.
- What are you doing?
- I'm calling my friend. (The action will stop soon)
- What are you watching on TV?
- I'm watching a documentary about the Olympics.
- I live in New York.
- I'm living in New York at the moment. (I will move at some point)
- I work a lot.
- I'm working a lot these days. (I will work less soon.)
- I am having a good time.
- I'm havin' a good time.
- She is making a big mistake.
- She's makin' a big mistake.
- He is not coming to the party.
- He isn't comin' to the party.
- Are you coming to the party tomorrow night?
- Yes, I'm going, but I'm working tomorrow, so I might be late.
- Is anyone coming with you?
- Yes, I'm bringing my friend.