Hello. My name is Veronica and I'm from the United States. And my question today is, what do you usually eat for lunch?
Well, get ready because my answer might be a little bit boring for you. I usually eat the same thing for lunch every day, and it's normally a salad. And the reason why I eat the same thing for lunch every day is because it's a lot easier to do that, plus, I try to have a healthier lifestyle.
So for me, if I'm eating a salad at lunch every day, I know that I'm getting the amount of vegetables and fruits that I need throughout my day, plus I don't have a lot of time to sit down and actually eat a big meal, so for me if I'm able to stop and have something healthy and refreshing, it's not going to slow me down. I know that there are a lot of cultures that believe in eating a big meal at lunch. But if I were to eat say, for example, a big steak and a potato, I would need a nap right afterwards, so normally I just have a salad for lunch every day so that I can stay healthy and keep going.
How to Practice Listening Comprehension
- Play the video.
- Answer the questions as you listen.
- Check your answers when you finish.
How to Practice Vocabulary
- Review the vocabulary from the video below.
- Complete the blanks below with words from the lesson.
- Check you answers. Correct any answers that are wrong!
have | eat
so for me | personally
a little bit | slightly
slow me down | tire me
keep going | stay energetic
slow me down • a little bit
How to Practice Speaking
- Play the audio and answer the questions with your own answer.
- Click the blue squares to see the questions and possible answers.
- There is pause of six seconds to answer each question.
How to Practice Grammar
- Choose the correct word for each blank.
- Check you score at the end. Three attempts are allowed.
- Study Tip - Play the video and choose the words as you listen.
The more you listen, the faster you improve!