Hello, my name is Bianca and I'm from North Carolina in the United States. My question is do you like living where it snows?
Now, where I'm from in the US, which is in the Southeast, has all four seasons. So that's summer, spring, winter, and fall. And sometimes in the winter it does snow, not every winter, but more so now than when I was younger. I've also lived in other places that are much colder, such as Chicago, Illinois, where it snows unbelievable amounts in winter. And I must say that, yes, I do like living where it snows. I really like the colors, snow white. I love going outside and seeing everything covered with white. I also like that when you go outside, there's this strange silence, I imagine because snow absorbs sound. I'm not sure. And then also strangely enough, snow seems to make colder temperatures more bearable, at least for me.
So yes, I do enjoy snow. I do enjoy living in places where it snows. I enjoy playing in the snow, I enjoy walking in the snow and most of all, I enjoy when you've been outside or when a person has been outside in the snow playing around, crunching around in the snow, and then he or she goes inside, or I go inside, and there's this contrast between frigid, biting temperatures and the nice, warm and cozy atmosphere of a home. So yes, I do enjoy living where it snows. Thank you for watching this. And I want to know about you. Do you like living where it snows?
1) frigid | extremely cold temperatures
2) biting | extreme cold that causes pain
3) absorb | to take in or suck in
4) cozy | warm, comfortable
5) crunching | a noisy sound of something being crushed
6) bearable | not good, but not too bad, tolerable.
There is one extra word.
Cold Listening and Speaking
- Listen to five questions about the video.
- You have five seconds to answer each question.
- Click the blue buttons to see the questions and answers
Grammar and Vocabulary
- Choose the correct word for each blank.
- Check you score at the end. Three attempts are allowed.
- Study Tip - Play the video and choose the words as you listen.
Got another minute! Try these lesssons.
Have you ever had a job you hated?
What is a job you would love to have?
Do you like living where it snows?
The more you listen, the faster you improve!