ELLLO Beginner English Lesson 2-05
Adverbs of Frequency
Watch these videos to learn how to use adverbs of frequency.
Adverbs of Frequency - Grammar Notes
Point 1: We use adverbs of frequency to show how often we do something.
- I always have coffee in the morning.
- I usually eat dinner at home.
- I sometimes eat a restaurants.
- I never drink alcohol.
Point 2: Adverbs of time and relative strength.
- Always (100%)
- Almost always
- Hardly ever / Rarely
- Almost never
- Never (0%)
Point 3: Adverbs of time can be used immediately in front of the verb.
- Thomas almost always paints in the evening.
- She usually gets to work early.
- We hardly ever rent movies.
- I never stay out late.
Point 4: Sometimes, usually and often can go before the subject or at the end of the verb phrase.
- Usually, I read before bed.
- I read before bed usually.
- Often I go there.
- I go there often.
- Sometimes, I play tennis at night.
- I play tennis at night sometimes.