Coordinating Conjunctions - Grammar Notes
- I work in the city, and I study at university.
- I am tired, but I will keep working.
- It was cold, so we stayed inside.
- You can leave, or you can stay.
- I don't like math, nor do I like history.
- We went home, for it was getting late.
- I was so tired, yet I could not sleep.
Word: I have a dog and a cat.
Phrase: I like to study at night and in the morning.
Clause: I can sing and I write music, too.
Word: It is cloudy but warm.
Phrase: It is open on Saturday but not on Sunday.
Clause: I play sports, but I never watch sports on TV.
Clause: I was tired, so I went home.
Clause: We did not make it, for the traffic was bad.
Word: You can have coffee or tea.
Phrase: We can stay by the lake or in the woods.
Clause: We can take the train, or we can drive there.
Word: The book was not fun, nor useful.
Phrase: I don't sit much at home, nor at work.
Clause: I don't eat meat, nor do I drink caffeine.
Word: Her dress was elegant yet simple.
Clause: He is rich, yet he never spends any money.
To download the free PDF, view the lesson full-screen and click the link in the top right corner.