Hello, this is Tara, and I just gonna talk about what I wanna do in the future.
At the moment I've finished my degree so, I'm just, you know, trying to save some money to pay off my debts, but I really want to be a nutritionist, so I'm saving some money to go to college.
I want to do this job because I don't think people take enough care with what they're eating nowadays, so I want to teach people to respect the food they are eating and to treat their body with care.
at the moment
At the moment, I'm saving money to go to college.
The phrase 'at the moment' can be replaced with 'right now.' It is a more formal phrase. Notice the following:
- At the moment I am going to the supermarket.
- He's a little busy at the moment.
finish a degree
I've just finished my degree.
When you 'finish a degree' you complete all the necessary classes to receive a type of certification. Notice the following:
- He finished his degree a semester early.
- When you finish this degree are you going to continue studying to get your Master's degree?
pay off debt
I'm trying to save money to pay off my debts.
A 'debt' is money that someone gave you and now you have to give the money back. To 'pay off a debt' is to pay the complete amount of money that you owe. Notice the following:
- He has to pay off the debt in 10 years.
- You will have to use all your extra money to pay off your debts.
Most people don't take enough care with what they're eating.
To 'take care' about what you eat is to worry about it and only eat what is healthy and good for you. Notice the following:
- She takes a lot of care when feeding her children.
- You need to take care to eat food that is low in salt.
respect (what they eat)
I want to teach people to respect the food they're eating and to take care of their bodies.
We 'respect' something when we appreciate it and know that it is important and valuable. Notice the following:
- He respects what he eats and tries to eat only natural foods.
- You should respect where this food came from and how much work went into producing it.
take care • respect