What is your dream house?
Oh, my dream house? It is on the beach. You have a great view of the ocean and the beach, and it should be really big - a bighouse - with maybe an elevator, and maybe at least three cars and a cinema in the house as well. That would be cool.
If I had a dream house, I think that would first of all be next to the ocean. I love the ocean. Secondly, it would probably have really high ceilings because I like places that are very airy and big and spacious. Thirdly, my dream house would definitely have a jacuzzi, a hot tub: something like that, and a very big, big bathroom and a big balcony.
To describe my dream house: it would actually be very simple. It would probably be as small a apartment in a large city that was very strong on points of culture - maybe in Barcelona or some city like that. It would probably be a simple apartment in an entertainment, nightlife district with lots of culture around and a very lively scene.
My dream house? I don't want a big, big house, just as long as it's surrounded my nature. I don't wanna live in a modern country or a big cities like New York or Tokyo. I prefer quite places where you can really meditate and live your life fully.
My dream house would be two stories high. It would be made of wooden floor boards and plan white walls, and I think it would have a Thai style decor.
My dream house? I would like to have my house near the beach because I like swimming, I like going to the beach, and I then a lot of windows, so my house should have a lot of windows, so that I can see. I can have a view to the ocean, and it should be far away from the city because I want to enjoy myself and stay away from the noise.
I like places that are airy and spacious.
Airy, talks about a place, sometimes outdoors, but usually indoors that is bright, spacious and often with many windows to allow for sunlight or a cool breeze. Here are some samples.
- Our family’s summer beach house is bright and airy.
- Brunch at an airy sidewalk café is my favorite way to spend a sunny Sunday.
He has a big, spacious office.
Spacious refers to a large area either indoors or outdoors that has lots of space to move. The size depends on the place we are talking about. For example: a park, a house, a room or even a car can be spacious. The opposite of spacious is crowded or cramped.Here are two examples.
- John’s bedroom at home was more spacious than his small dorm room.
- Metro Park is a spacious, green area in the center of the city. There is a lake, many trees, a football field and a jogging path.
The city is strong on points of culture.
We use strong on to talk about the best things or qualities of a place or thing. Notice the sample sentences.
- The more expensive laptop is faster and strong on reliability.
- I’m happy with my local bank. They are strong on customer service.
The city has a lively scene.
We use lively to talk about an active, exciting person, place or thing. A scene describes a continuing event or situation.
- The pop star and her dancers gave a lively performance.
- Carnival in Brazil is a festive and lively scene.
You can really meditate in a place like that.
When we meditate, we go to a quiet place and think calm, relaxing thoughts about our lives and the world around us. Here are a couple of sample sentences.
- Meditation is a common practice in many of the world’s religions.
- My doctor suggested I meditate each day to reduce stress.
meditate • strong on