Hello, everyone. My name is Gian, and I'm from Brazil. My question right now is, what athlete do I admire?
I am not a big sports person. I had my periods in life that I was either watching soccer or now that I live in the United States, definitely watching more basketball. So definitely there were people that I was just like, "Wow, these people are very talented." In soccer, Ronaldinho Gaúcho. In basketball, my latest athlete was definitely Stephen Curry. I had the privilege to see Usain Bolt running as well. That guy is just incredible. Probably for the ones that are alive right now, I would say Usain Bolt. But if I have to choose one, it's definitely going to be Bruce Lee.
I said I'm not big into sports, but the only sport that I do and have practiced since I was very young is martial arts, and kung fu, and kickboxing. So I'm definitely into the martial arts aspect of it. Not the big fighting, UFC, super violent thing, but the more artistic, but impactful arts or martial arts. And Bruce Lee would definitely be one of my biggest admirations. Not only by his amazing technique and power but also the philosophy on life and all the wisdom he carries. So I guess he'd be my choice for the athlete that I admire the most. Alright, guys, hope to see you soon.
How to Practice Listening Comprehension
- Play the video.
- Answer the questions as you listen.
- Check your answers when you finish.
How to Practice Vocabulary
- Review the vocabulary from the video below.
- Complete the blanks below with words from the lesson.
- Check your answers. Correct any answers that are wrong!
big into | interested in
philosophy | way of thinking
super | extremely
latest | most recent
periods in life | specific times
big into • philosophy
How to Practice Speaking
- Play the audio and answer the questions with your own answer.
- Click the blue squares to see the questions and possible answers.
- There is a pause of six seconds to answer each question.
How to Practice Grammar
- Choose the correct word for each blank.
- Check you score at the end. Three attempts are allowed.
- Study Tip - Play the video and choose the words as you listen.
Got another minute? Try these lesssons.
Do you have piercings?
What are your beauty secrets?
What celebrity do you admire?
What athlete do you admire?
What comedians do you like?
Watch More Videos >>
The more you listen, the faster you improve!