Todd: OK, Nanju, I'm going to ask you about your favorites. What is your favorite color?
Nanju: My favorite color, black.
Todd: Black! Really, OK, and what is your favorite fruit?
Nanju: Fruit? OK, it's mango.
Todd: Oh, mango.
Todd: OK. Can you get mangoes in Japan?
Nanju: No, I haven't seen a proper mango here, because everything's very small, that is not a very good mango, I know because in India I will get a lot of mangoes, very good taste, and variety of mangoes, I haven't tried, I haven't found anywhere in Japan.
Nanju: Yeah, sure.
Todd: Oh, wow. So how do you eat mango, just do you eat it raw, or do you?
Nanju: Yeah, I'll eat it raw. The raw mango is very good.
Todd: Oh, cool. Nice. So do you have like mango juice? Is that popular?
Nanju: Yeah. But mango juice, it's not that much good. I eat only raw mango. It will be very good, very good, very good.
I haven't seen a proper mango here.
In this case "proper" can be replaced with "real," "normal" or "regular." Notice the following:
- She finally bought a proper pair of shoes and stopped wearing
- Do you have a proper plate? I hate plastic plates.
There are a variety of mangoes.
A "variety of mangoes" is a number of different types of mangoes.Notice the following:
- He likes food from a variety of countries.
- We have a variety of different games.
How do you eat mango, do you eat it raw?
To eat something "raw" is to eat it without cooking it. Notice the following:
- He eats his meat almost raw.
- Do you cook the carrots or eat them raw?
Do you have mango juice?
"Mango juice" is the liquid of the mango and the fruit mixed together to make a liquid. Usually juice is made from fruits or vegetables. Notice the following:
- Do you like tomato juice?
- He drinks orange juice every morning with his breakfast.
Is mango juice popular?
If something is "popular" a lot of people like it. Notice the following:
- That band has never been popular.
- She was very popular in high school.