Todd talks about his favorite season.
Todd: My favorite time of year is autumn, or fall. I like the fall season because I think that's when the weather's the best. It's not too hot. It's not too cold. It's just nice and cool all the time. Also, usually it doesn't rain that much in autumn. The trees also are really, really beautiful in the fall. I love the change in colors when the leaves turn from green to brown, and orange and yellow and I think it's also really pretty to see the leaves on the ground. Also, I really like fall because I'm a big baseball fan and in the fall we have the baseball playoffs and it's the start of the basketball season and the football season, so it's a good time for me to watch sports on TV. Lastly, I like autumn because my birthday is in October, and um, October 2nd, and Halloween is in October and Thanksgiving is in November and these are all my, these are my three days throughout the year.
My favorite time of year is autumn or fall.
'Fall' is the season between summer and winter. It is when the temperature starts to get colder and the leaves change color and fall off the trees. Notice the following:
- Fall is the best time to go for long walks outside.
- You know it's fall when the leaves start to change.
turn from (to)
I love it when the leaves turn from green to brown and orange and yellow.
When leaves 'turn from' one color to another they change color gradually. Notice the following:
- She can turn from happy to sad in a few minutes.
- It will turn from winter to spring before you know it.
In the fall, we have the basketball playoffs.
'Playoffs' are a series of games which are used to determine who will go to the championship games. Notice the following:
- There is a playoff game tonight at 7 pm.
- Our team will never make it to the playoffs.
basketball (or football) season
Fall is also the start of the basketball season and the football season.
A 'season' for a sport is the time of year when the professionals play it. For example, baseball season starts in the spring and ends in the fall. Notice the following:
- My son is very busy during football season.
- He goes to at least five games every basketball season.
I like autumn because Halloween is in October.
'Halloween' is the holiday at the end of October where children put on costumes and go to houses in the neighborhood asking for candy. Notice the following:
- You need to buy some candy to give out for Halloween.
- He is going to be Mickey Mouse for Halloween this year.