1144 Shipwrecked Part 2
Jeff talks about how he and his brothers survied a scary encounter while at sea.
- Audio Notes
Mike: I've known you for awhile, you're not a very sensitive guy.
Jeff: And then we had to go back. My brother was hurt, so we had to take him to the hospital in London, and it took him a few weeks to recover, and after that we went back and reshot the documentary.
Mike: What happened to your brother?
Jeff: He was -- he got some cuts. When the boat was going down, he was cut from the barnacles on the hull of the boat, and he got a serious blood infection.
Mike: I mean you're lucky there weren't any sharks or anything I guess.
Jeff: Well that was a big fear. The captain was saying that all night long. He was saying, you know, there're sharks in this water, and you know, he was a bit deranged, and he was really worried about the sharks, so yeah, we were all pretty afraid of the sharks.
Mike: Wow, you made it out. Everybody made it out OK. Everybody was alright?
Jeff: Yep, survived to live another day.
We drifted with the current.
When you drift, you are carried or moved my wind or water current. Note the following:
- Our boat drifted to the other side of the lake.
- He let the balloon go and it drifted down the street.
When I reached land I had a good hard cry.
A good hard cry is when someone cries with strong emotion and a lot of tears. Note the following:
- He has a good hard cry after his dog died.
- The survivors had a good hard cry once they realized there were still alive.
He got a blood infection.
An infection happens when some disease causing elements enters the body. Note the following:
- I cut my hand and it got infected.
- You need to clean the wound so it does not get infected.
The captain was a bit deranged.
When someone is deranged, that means they are crazy or mentally ill. Note the following:
- The woman was really old and a little deranged.
- The movie is about a deranged homeless man.
You made it out.
When you 'make it out' of someplace or situation that means you can leave without any damage. Note the following:
- Three firemen made it out of the burning building but one did not make it out.
- He just made it out of our house after the earthquake hit.