Several people discuss if they count calories to maintain their weight.
- Audio Slide Show
Do you count calories? Well, actually, I don't really have to count calories because no matter how much I eat, it just goes in and outand I don't gain any weight at all, so if Ieat a lot, my weight is just the same, so I don't have to count it because I don't gain weight. It's very easy for me.
Jess / England
No, I don't count calories. I think about what I'm eating and how much fat or sugar it might have, but no, I don't go as far as count calories. I think if I started that I might get obsessed with it and do it all the time.
Michael / Singapore
Calories? I think last year, I was counting calories because I was ... I had this gym craze, but that just ended. That lasted for like two months over the summer, and I stopped, so now I just don't do that. I just prefer to eat whatever I like.
MJ / Korea
Most girls are counting calories but I don't cause I love food and I enjoy eating food and one of the ways solve my stress is too eat good food and delicious food and go around to like good food places.
I had this gym craze.
When you have a craze, that means you have an obsession for something. You are crazy about it. People often have a craze for a food, a habit, a hobby or pastime. Notice the following:
- I went through a red wine craze a few years ago.
- Wearing tight jeans is the latest fashion craze.
Bring on the bacon.
The phrase "bring on" or "bring it on" means you want something to happen or come to you. It shows you are not afraid of something, when maybe you should be. Here are some examples:
- Bring on the final test. I am sure I will pass.
- There's one more cake we didn't eat. Bring it on!
I'm down with (I'm down for)
I'm down with fast food.
When you are down with something, that means you like it or support it. If you are not down with something, that means you do not support it or agree with it. Check the examples below:
- I am not down with the new work schedule. 6 a.m. is too early to start.
- I'm down with all these kids getting tatoos. It's their bodies and their life.
You should stick to a healthy diet.
When you stick to something, that means you follow it. You usually stick to something that has been planned in advance. If you do not stick to something, that means you change how you do it or stop doing it. Here are a few examples:
- The teacher never sticks to his lesson plan.
- Please stick to the seating chart and do not change seats.
You don't have to count every single calorie.
The phrase "every single" is used to show emphasis. For example, the phrase "every single time" means the same as the phrase "every time". Single means one, or each individual item. Notice the following:
- He always says hello to every single customer in his store.
- Every single time I take this bus, I am late for work.