Mixer 131 Cooking or Cleaning
Listen to six people share what they prefer: cooking or cleaning.
- Audio Notes
Paul / England
I prefer cooking because I enjoy the creative aspect of cooking, the idea of bringing together a number of ingredients, and you know, cooking is something that's going to taste good. And for these reasons, I enjoy cooking to cleaning.
Phoebe / China
Do I prefer cooking or cleaning? Definitely, I prefer cooking. I don't mind to cook every meal as long as someone can clean it for me, so if you let me choose, definitely, I prefer cooking.
Tim / United States
I like both cooking and cleaning, because I like doing my own cooking because it can be fun and you can make something that you enjoy eating and tastes good and is also healthy. And I also like cleaning because I don't like having a mess in my personal space, and I like keeping things organized, so it's nice to keep things clean, so you have a less stressful life.
Antoinette / United States
I prefer cleaning. Cooking is very stressful, because if you're cooking, you're going to cook for someone else. If I have to cook for myself, I don't mind, I don't really care. I'll eat whatever it is I cook. But if I'm cooking for other people, I have to worry about whether they will like what I make, if I'll make enough, if I'll have enough courses, will I make something someone's allergic to, so it's just very stressful. Cleaning, that's easy, and it helps me to relieve stress.
Rese / Botswana
I prefer cooking because cleaning takes too much energy, and I don't really like washing up and getting my hands wet. Plus, I like to come up with new recipes and experiment in the kitchen.
Kat / Germany
I definitely prefer cooking. Cooking is actually one of my biggest hobbies. I love making food for my friends, I love preparing an elaborate meal for everyone, and I really enjoy throwing dinner parties.
the creative aspect
I enjoy the creative aspect of cooking.
The creative aspect is the creative part of something. Notice the following:
- Most artists love the creative aspect of their profession, but not the business side.
- I am good at coding for websites but I am poor at the creative aspect.
you have a less stressful life.
Something that is stressful causes a lot of stress, or worry. Notice the following:
- Taking a test can be stressful.
- After a stressful day, I like to head to the beach and forget about my day.
I worry I will make something that someone is allergic to.
If you are allergic to something that is usually harmless, such as pollen or peanuts, it makes you ill if you come in contact with it. Notice the following:
- She is allergic to anything with peanuts.
- Many people are allergic to flower pollen in springtime.
come up with
I like to come up with new recipes.
Here, 'come up with' means to 'think of'. Notice the following:
- The students came up with a brilliant idea for the school festival.
- I see Macky's Deli has come up with a new sandwich.
I love preparing an elaborate meal for everyone.
Something that is elaborate is higly designed. Notice the following:
- The bank robbers had an elaborate plan to rob the bank using helicopter, computers, and a monkey!
- She placed flowers and candles on the table to make it more elaborate.