Guess the Movie
Sarah: Sounds fun.
Todd: Okay. This movie is very famous. It's about 20 years old, maybe 18 years old. And it is about a love story and about two people that meet on a big ship and the ship sinks.
John: Oh, it's really, really famous. Is it Titanic?
Todd: You're right. Ping-pong.
Sarah: Titanic. Titanic.
Todd: Okay. The next movie is also a famous movie, but I never saw this movie, but I know about the movie. And the movie is about a fight. A fight between two creatures, and both creatures, monsters, come from the ocean. They come out of the ocean and they fight each other.
John: Two monsters from the ocean.
Todd: Sometimes, they fight in Japan but the last movie, the monsters fight in America. I think they fight in San Francisco.
Sarah: Ah, is it Godzilla?
John: Good job.
Sarah: Thank you.
Todd: Okay. So the next movie is also a movie many teenage boys like, and it's also about fighting. And it's about machines that fight each other. And I think the machines come from space. So the machines are not from earth and machines can change, and the machines have special powers.
John: Machines that have special powers and change.
Sarah: I know. It's Transformers.
John: Oh, is that right?
Todd: Yes, Transformers. Ping-pong.
Todd: Okay. So now, I'm going to go way back. Way back. So this is a movie, also about an alien. And this alien is very kind and the alien is very shy and the alien meets a boy.
John: Oh, I know it.
Todd: And they become friends.
John: Do they ride a bicycle?
Todd: They do ride a bicycle.
John: It's ET.
Todd: That's right. Ping-pong.
Sarah: Good job.
Todd: Okay. So now, one more movie. Okay. So this movie is also old. This movie is maybe over 25 years old – oh, over 20 years old.
John: I'm better at the old ones.
Todd: Yeah. And in this movie, there is a scientist. And the scientist is trying to find a special treasure, and he goes all around the world and he needs to find a special treasure. And he goes to Egypt. He goes to Asia. And he wants to find something but he has to fight people in the movie.
John: I think it's Indiana Jones.
Todd: Ping-pong. John wins.
Sarah: Good job. That's great.
John: I tried really hard.
And -> Adding informarion (Conjunction)
- I am tired, and I am hungry.
- We went the mall, and we saw a movie.
- This house is beautiful, and it is not that expensive.
- She is mad at you, and I agree with her.
Also -> Adding information (Adverb)
- It is a nice restaurant. Also, the food is great.
- You are late. Also, you are not dressed!
- Let's stay inside. I am tired. It is late, also.
- It is cold outside. It is also windy.
But -> Showing contrast (Conjunction)
- It is hot outside, but it is cool inside.
- I am tired, but I cannot sleep.
- She is funny, but she does not talk much.
- She left the party, but her boyfriend stayed.
So -> Showing reasons (Conjunction)
- It was cold, so I took a jacket.
- You look busy, so let me help you.
- I want a good grade, so I study a lot.
- It is expensive, so I cannot buy it.
So -> Introducing statements (Conjunction)
- So, are you coming to the party?
- So, this is my house.
- So, it was a nice party.
- So, let me tell you a story!