Hi guys! Today I’m going to tell you about my city. I live in Tokyo in Japan, and in Tokyo there are many people. There’s a lot of traffic, but there’s not much nature. There’s not much crime here. Tokyo is a very safe place to live. Is there much crime where you live?
There are many restaurants here, and there are not many cheap restaurants, so most days I go to the supermarket and cook at home. It’s really easy to get around in Tokyo because there are so many buses and taxis and trains. I usually take the train because it’s fast and it’s cheap.
There is some bad weather here in Tokyo. Last week we had a big typhoon and it was pretty scary. There are not many rubbish bins here in Tokyo and it’s really annoying. I usually take my rubbish home with me and recycle it there. I do love that there are many vending machines here in the city. There’s one on every street corner. It’s so convenient. I hope that one day you get to visit Tokyo too. There are many wonderful things to see and do. So tell me about where you live?
There is / There are
- There is a department store in town.
- There is a big mall in this city.
- There is not a place to sit.
- There is no park near my house.
- There are two cars parked outside my house.
- There are some books on the table.
- There are not many tall buildings in my town.
- There are no new students this year.
- There is crime in the city.
- There is money on the table.
- There is not any cheese in the fridge.
- There is no ice-cream in the freezer.
- There are some stores on Cane Street.
- There are some trees outside.
- There is some food in the kitchen.
- Three is some snow on the mountains.
- Are there any students in class?
- No, there aren't any students. They left.
- Is there any snow on the mountain?
- No, there isn't any snow. It melted.
Got another minute! Try these lessons.
The more you listen, the faster you improve!
Listen to short conversations using there is and there are.