Past Participle Clause
Man: There’s a car parked
across the street that looks a little
Woman: Oh, yeah? Why do you say that?
Man: Well, it’s been sitting there for awhile with its engine running and lights turned on.
Woman: Oh, it’s probably nothing. Some guys probably just pulled over to check a map or something.
Man: I don’t know. The person seated inside looks a bit sketchy.
Woman: OK, that’s it. No more crime drama shows for you.
Man: Have you heard about
Bob’s new project?
Woman: No. What has he been up to lately?
Man: He’s built a bike made entirely of bamboo.
Woman: What? He made a bike made of bamboo?
Man: Yeah, and all the bamboo used on the bike he made himself.
Woman: You got to give it to him. That man’s got talent.
Man: What’s in the boxes
Woman: Just some junk left from that last tenant.
Man: Who’s gonna move them?
Woman: I am not sure. They said we could toss them out.
Man: Then why don’t you?
Woman: To be honest, I want to see what’s inside first.
Man: Me too. Let’s go have a look.
Man: What movie did you see
Woman: We saw that new French war movie filmed in black and white.
Man: I heard about that. Is it any good?
Woman: It’s really good. It’s a war story told through the eyes of children.
Man: That sounds really interesting.
Woman: I think you would like it. It’s French, though, so it’s subtitled.
Man: I’ll pass then. I hate movies subtitled in English. I’ll wait till it’s on Netflix.
Past Participle Clause
- The house that burned down in the fire was a famous landmark.
- The coffee served at that café is the best in town.
- I try not to sell products made from plastic.
- Everyone is talking about the commercial shown during the game.
- All the food (that is) sold in the store is all organic.
- The vegetables (that are) grown in the area are exported to other countries.
- The woman (that is) seated at the table is my friend.
- The book (that is) used by my school is not very good.
- The vegetables grown by
local farmers are organic.
- The vegetables that local farmers grow are organic.
- The information sent to investors was inaccurate.
- The information that the company sent to investors was inaccurate.
- The items (that are) sold in stores cost more than items that are sold online.
- The cars (that were) produced overseas have been recalled.
- All commercials (that will be) shown in the Super Bowl cost a million dollars.
Grammar Listening Practice
The person seated inside looks a bit sketchy.
It was all classical theories, most of which I already knew.
She no longer works in my department.
I am not surprised that he did that.
It's weird that no one saw the accident.