Adjectives + That Clauses (2)
Woman: Roger, I want to talk
to you about the company dress policy.
Man: Sure, is there a problem with how I dress? I do my best to look professional.
Woman: Well, you look nice. It's just that you don't wear a suit.
Man: I know, but it's hard to be productive in a suit, and it is very unlikely that I see any clients.
Woman: I know, but it is important that all employees follow the same policy.
Man: OK, I will start wearing a suit from tomorrow onward.
Woman: Great, and be sure to wear nice dress shoes, too.
Woman: This accident is very
Man: Yeah, it's weird that no one saw the accident.
Woman: And it's odd that both drivers fled the scene.
Man: Maybe both had a criminal record and were afraid of going to jail.
Woman: Maybe that is the case. Regardless, it is doubtful that we will find whoever did this.
Man: I think you may be wrong about that.
Woman: How is your dinner?
Man: I can't eat it. I'm not hungry.
Woman: What? You have to eat. The doctor said that it's vital that you eat every meal.
Man: I would if I could. I'm just not hungry.
Woman: Well, it is important that you try harder.
Man: Well, it would help if the food actually tasted good.
Woman: I'm sorry about that. I'll try to bring you a homemade meal tomorrow.
Man: Thanks. I appreciate that. But it's unlikely that they would allow it.
Woman: Well, it doesn't hurt to ask.
Man: So, how is life since you
quit your job?
Woman: Good! It's nice that I get to work from home now.
Man: Yeah, I would think so. It's awesome that you get to set your own hours and be your own boss.
Woman: Yeah, that is good, but I miss the security of my old job.
Man: Still, it's sad that more people don't get to work that way.
Woman: True, but it's highly likely that more people will get the chance in the future.
Man: I hope so. And include me on that list.
Adjective Complements + that + clause (it)
- It’s important that you attend.
- It’s vital that you follow instruction.
- It’s doubtful that he can make it.
- It’s unlikely that that will happen.
- It’s possible that we will reach our goal.
- It’s sad that more people did not come.
- It’s odd that Bob is not here today.
- It’s highly likely that the game will be canceled.
- It’s important we try out best.
- It’s not likely he will agree with us.
- It’s odd she is not at work today.
- It’s ridiculous he said that.
- It’s sad that it came to this.
- It’s so nice that you remembered my birthday
- It’s critical that you mail this today.
- It’s odd that it hasn’t snowed this winter.