Flags of the World
(1) The flag on the left, the first flag, is the flag of Croatia. The flag in the middle is the flag of Slovakia and the flag on the right is the flag of Slovenia. Now, what flag do I describe? This flag has three colors: red, white and blue, and it has three horizontal bars. Horizontal means side-to-side. The top color is white. The middle color is blue, and the lower color, the lower horizontal bar is red. On the flag there is also an emblem. The emblem is on the white and blue horizontal bars. The emblem is of some mountains and some stars and it's kind of small. What flag am I talking about?
(2) Now we have the flag of France on the left, the flag of Holland in the middle, and the flag of Russia on the right. OK, now this flag has only three colors: red, white and blue and it does not have an emblem. This flag has three vertical bars. Vertical means up-and-down. The flag does not have horizontal bars. What flag is it?
(3) Now we have the flag of Chile on the left, the flag of the Check Republic in the middle, and the flag of Panama on the right. OK, this flag has three colors: red, white and blue, and it has two shapes. One shape is a triangle. The other shapes are kind of like horizontal bars that have been cut at the end. I think this one is pretty easy. Again, it's got a triangle in the flag. Which flag is it?
(4) On the left we have the flag of Costa Rica. In the middle we have the flag of Thailand. And on the right we have the flag of Holland again. OK, the main colors of the flags are red white and blue. There are horizontal bars on the flag, so all the bars go from side-to-side. There are two red horizontal bars and one blue horizontal bar. There is not an emblem on the flag. What flag is it?
(5) On the left we have the flag of Austria. In the middle we have the flag of Peru and on the right we have the flag of Poland. OK, what flag do I describe? This flag is read and white and it has bars. Unlike the other flags that have three bars, this flag only has two bars. It has a very small emblem. The top part of the flag is white. The bottom part of the flag is red. What flag is it?
(6) We have our three last flags. The first flag on the left is the flag of Denmark. The flag in the middle is the flag of Norway and the flag of the right is the flag of Iceland. OK, what flag do I describe? This flag has three colors: red, white and blue. In the middle of the flag there is a cross. The cross is to the left. The background is blue and the cross is red and white. What flag is it?
Try These Lessons
Practice words describing hair.
Practice materials for clothes.
Hear the details of a mountain race.
Hear four ways to get to the station.
Practice words describing flags.