Hello, my name is Lilit, and I'm from Armenia. Today, my question is, what is a fun party that you attended?
For me, a fun party that I've attended recently was my friend's 25th birthday. We rented a lovely house in the countryside, and about 10 or 12 friends were invited to the party. And we went there by car.
Although we didn't stay the night, we had a really great day. There was a really large garden with lots of fruit trees and pavilions and a place to play some games. And there was a large pool where we swam all morning and we sun-bathed. And then in the evening we made barbecue. We also had lots of pizza and all sorts of junk food, which I really love by the way. And then in the evening, we played some card games, some board games together, and it was lots of fun. We had music playing on the speakers really loudly, and we were lucky because there weren't any neighbors around. So there was no one to complain about the noise. So yeah, I really enjoyed this party.
How to Practice Listening Comprehension
- Play the video.
- Answer the questions as you listen.
- Check your answers when you finish.
How to Practice Vocabulary
- Review the vocabulary from the video below.
- Complete the blanks below with words from the lesson.
- Check you answers. Correct any answers that are wrong!
junk food | unhealthy snack foods
stay the night | sleep there
around | nearby
sun-bathed | lie under the sun
all sorts of | different kinds of
around • all sorts of
How to Practice Speaking
- Play the audio and answer the questions with your own answer.
- Click the blue squares to see the questions and possible answers.
- There is pause of six seconds to answer each question.
How to Practice Grammar
- Choose the correct word for each blank.
- Check you score at the end. Three attempts are allowed.
- Study Tip - Play the video and choose the words as you listen.
Got another minute? Try these lesssons.
The more you listen, the faster you improve!