Hello, my name's Elaine, and I'm from England. My question was, do you like to make your own clothes?
I wish I could make my own clothes. I have tried, but I don't have the patience. My mom's actually a costume designer, and so when I was little she used to make all my clothes for me. I had lots of beautiful party dresses and nobody else had anything like them. In fact, my mom even bought me a sewing machine for my birthday last year. I haven't had much time to learn how to use it.
I really like buying vintage clothes or secondhand clothes and adjusting them. So I will try to, for example, if a dress is too long, I will try to take it up. Or if something is too wide, I will try to take it in. Maybe sometimes I like to change a button or to make it more beautiful. I find this is also an ecological way of shopping. It's a bit unusual, and I don't want to dress like everyone else. But what about you? Do you make your own clothes? Do you modernize or revamp your clothes? Let us know.
How to Practice Listening Comprehension
- Play the video.
- Answer the questions as you listen.
- Check your answers when you finish.
How to Practice Vocabulary
- Review the vocabulary from the video below.
- Complete the blanks below with words from the lesson.
- Check you answers. Correct any answers that are wrong!
take in | make it smaller
Let know | to tell
take up | make it shorter
revamp | improve
an ecological way | eco-friendly
know • take it up
How to Practice Speaking
- Play the audio and answer the questions with your own answer.
- Click the blue squares to see the questions and possible answers.
- There is pause of six seconds to answer each question.
How to Practice Grammar
- Choose the correct word for each blank.
- Check you score at the end. Three attempts are allowed.
- Study Tip - Play the video and choose the words as you listen.
Got another minute? Try these lesssons.
The more you listen, the faster you improve!