Tell me about your Town!
Sarah: My hometown. Well, my hometown is called Eau Claire, Wisconsin. And it's a really great city.
There are about 80,000 people. There are lots of things to do. There are three movie theatres. I love to watch movies.
John: Me too.
Sarah: There's lots of shopping. You can find anything you want there. There are a lot of malls and stores.
John: Are there many restaurants?
Sarah: Yes. The thing I like is you can eat any type of food. There are Chinese restaurants and Korean restaurants, Italian restaurants. There is a big variety of restaurants, and they're all good.
John: That sounds great. What about parks? Are there many places to see nature in your town?
Sarah: Yes. We have a lot of rivers, and lakes and hills. My hometown has four seasons. So in summer, it's great because there are lots of lakes to swim in, lots of forests to play in. In winter, there is a lot of snow. So you can go ice skating or ice fishing or even skiing.
John: Wow. That sounds really fun.
Sarah: Yeah. It's a really nice city. It's also really safe. There are lots of nice people there.
John: Good. Is there much to do at night?
Sarah: Well, maybe, maybe not. There's not many things to do at night. There aren't any nightclubs. There aren't many bars. So actually, maybe there isn't much night life.
John: That's okay. It sounds like a nice place to have a family.
Sarah: Yeah. It is. It's a great place to have a family. There's lots of good schools and libraries.
Yes / No Questions Singular
- Is there a mall in your town?
- Is there a park nearby?
- Is there a computer in the classroom?
Yes / No Questions Plural
- Are there any cafes downtown?
- Are there any benches in the park?
- Are there many students in your class?
Positive Statements - Singular
- There is a TV next to the bed.
- There is a dish on the table.
Positive Statements - Plural
- There are many cafes downtown.
- There are some shops nearby.
Negative Statements - Singular
- There isn't a computer in the room.
- There isn't much space in class.
Negative Statements - Plural
- There aren't many students in class.
- There aren't any restaurant near the station.