Hi. My name is Bo. And I'm from the Philippines. And I'll be answering the question, what is a city you visited not long ago?
The last city I visited was Shanghai in China. I've been to Shanghai twice already, and it always fascinates me. The city is very advanced when you talk about their infrastructures and their transportation system. Plus it's very tourist-friendly. You can also go to Shanghai Disneyland if you are into theme parks. One of the things I look forward to when I go to Shanghai is the maglev train ride from the airport to the city. Maglev stands for magnetic levitation. So the train is floating and it travels at a speed of 300 kilometers per hour or more, which would only take you about five minutes to get to the city. If you ever need a destination for your next trip, put Shanghai on the list.
How to Practice Listening Comprehension
- Play the video.
- Answer the questions as you listen.
- Check your answers when you finish.
How to Practice Vocabulary
- Review the vocabulary from the video below.
- Complete the blanks below with words from the lesson.
- Check your answers. Correct any answers that are wrong!
into | interested in
stands for | signifies
get to | arrive at
-friendly | welcoming to
look forward to | feel excited for
-friendly • into
How to Practice Speaking
- Play the audio and answer the questions with your own answer.
- Click the blue squares to see the questions and possible answers.
- There is a pause of six seconds to answer each question.
How to Practice Grammar
- Choose the correct word for each blank.
- Check you score at the end. Three attempts are allowed.
- Study Tip - Play the video and choose the words as you listen.
Got another minute? Try these lesssons.
The more you listen, the faster you improve!