Hello, my name is Juan Cruz. I am from Argentina. And my question is, what is your idea of Zen?
Well, I'm not much of an expert, but I think Zen is being able to keep calm or at peace, whatever situation you're in. So reality sometimes can be stressful, can make you angry, can make you sad, can make you feel so many things. So when you're Zen, I believe you're able to detach maybe from the reality or better to accept it as it is, and being able to keep calm and at peace with things, and therefore moving forward.
How to Practice Listening Comprehension
- Play the video.
- Answer the questions as you listen.
- Check your answers when you finish.
How to Practice Vocabulary
- Review the vocabulary from the video below.
- Complete the blanks below with words from the lesson.
- Check your answers. Correct any answers that are wrong!
1) detach from | To separate from someone or something.
2) keep calm | Having steady emotions
3) at peace | Happy with how things are
4) as it is | They way something is, its current state
5) not much of | Not very, hardly
as it is • detach from
How to Practice Speaking
- Play the audio and answer the questions with your own answer.
- Click the blue squares to see the questions and possible answers.
- There is a pause of six seconds to answer each question.
How to Practice Grammar
- Choose the correct word for each blank.
- Check you score at the end. Three attempts are allowed.
- Study Tip - Play the video and choose the words as you listen.
Got another minute! Try these lesssons.
The more you listen, the faster you improve!