ello, my name is Ahlan, and I'm from Bahrain, and my question is, is meditation common in your culture?
Well, yes. Meditation or if we can say prayer is very common in the culture of my country, which is Bahrain, because religiously, it's something that should be done during the day, in the morning, in the afternoon, and at night. So the people are…are used to this, and they do it even unconsciously, even if they are not aware of the benefits of it, it's done. Of course, some people are very aware of it, and they believe in the power of prayer and meditation, and they do it for their own benefit and to get to close to their creator or God.
How to Practice Listening Comprehension
- Play the video.
- Answer the questions as you listen.
- Check your answers when you finish.
How to Practice Vocabulary
- Review the vocabulary from the video below.
- Complete the blanks below with words from the lesson.
- Check your answers. Correct any answers that are wrong!
1) benefits | When good results come from something
2) meditation | When you quiet and focus your mind and relax
3) creator | Someone who makes things - a metaphor for God
4) prayer | When you speak to God
5) unconsciously | When you do something without being aware of it
prayer • unconsciously
How to Practice Speaking
- Play the audio and answer the questions with your own answer.
- Click the blue squares to see the questions and possible answers.
- There is a pause of six seconds to answer each question.
How to Practice Grammar
- Choose the correct word for each blank.
- Check you score at the end. Three attempts are allowed.
- Study Tip - Play the video and choose the words as you listen.
Got another minute! Try these lesssons.
The more you listen, the faster you improve!