Hello. So, my question was, what do you do to manage stress?
Now, the very first thing I try to do is to avoid stressful situations in a whole. Avoid people that may bring me stress, for example, toxic friends, toxic relationships, family members who like to gossip, and also not being at places where it doesn't fit my personality. For example, bars or clubs, those are not places that I would normally go to. If it's unavoidable and stress is at my door, what I try not to do is put other people's burden on top of me as well, because if my cup is already full and someone comes and puts more on it, it's obviously going to overflow or I'm going to explode.
And, whenever I finish doing that, avoiding other people's burdens, I try to go into solitude, have time for myself, take a breath, relax, be in peace. Whenever I'm comfortable talking about it, I may look to someone who I trust to confide in them, ask them for their advice to help me navigate through the situation, unless I reflect. I try to reflect on what made me feel this way, what brought on the stress and how to avoid it, how to build a barrier around me, or between this thing that brought me the stress. That is what I do to manage.
How to Practice Listening Comprehension
- Play the video.
- Answer the questions as you listen.
- Check your answers when you finish.
How to Practice Vocabulary
- Review the vocabulary from the video below.
- Complete the blanks below with words from the lesson.
- Check your answers. Correct any answers that are wrong!
1) confide in | To share a personal secret in private to someone.
2) at my door | For something to try to come into a person’s life.
3) fit my personality | To be something a person is interested in or likes.
4) toxic friends | Someone who is a bad influence.
5) my cup is already full | To not have time for more work or interests.
at my door • confide in • my cup is full
How to Practice Speaking
- Play the audio and answer the questions with your own answer.
- Click the blue squares to see the questions and possible answers.
- There is a pause of six seconds to answer each question.
How to Practice Grammar
- Choose the correct word for each blank.
- Check you score at the end. Three attempts are allowed.
- Study Tip - Play the video and choose the words as you listen.
Got another minute! Try these lesssons.
What do you do to manage stress?
The more you listen, the faster you improve!