Hello, my name is Ramasela and I am from South Africa. And my question is: How is your country when dealing with mental health?
There has been a lot of awareness raised and transparency surrounding mental health in the country, particularly in the age of social media. We do have a mental health support and advocacy group in the country known as the South African Depression and Anxiety Group, and they offer mental health support in the form of helplines and other support groups throughout the country.
How to Practice Listening Comprehension
- Play the video.
- Answer the questions as you listen.
- Check your answers when you finish.
How to Practice Vocabulary
- Review the vocabulary from the video below.
- Complete the blanks below with words from the lesson.
- Check your answers. Correct any answers that are wrong!
1) the age of | The time in history when something happens
2) surrounding | About or related to
3) transparency | To talk about something openly, not secretly
4) dealing with | To handle a problem or situation
5) awareness raised | To bring attention to something
the age of • transparency • surrounding
How to Practice Speaking
- Play the audio and answer the questions with your own answer.
- Click the blue squares to see the questions and possible answers.
- There is a pause of six seconds to answer each question.
How to Practice Grammar
- Choose the correct word for each blank.
- Check you score at the end. Three attempts are allowed.
- Study Tip - Play the video and choose the words as you listen.
Got another minute! Try these lesssons.
What do you do to manage stress?
The more you listen, the faster you improve!