Hello, my name is Samuel. I'm from Nigeria. My question is, what is harder to do consistently, exercise or diet?
Well, my opinion, I think exercise is harder to do. Why? Because I feel most people who start exercising they expect to see results almost immediately. And when they don't, they get discouraged and they eventually stop. Meanwhile, they don't know that you need to have consistent exercise for at least three to six months before you start seeing any real change.
So I think it's harder for them to keep up of their expectations. For diet, it's also hard. Yes, of course, sometimes you can have some cravings and you go back to your old ways. But then, I feel for exercise, you need a lot of motivation and a lot of willpower to do that. So yes, I think it's harder to do that consistently.
How to Practice Listening Comprehension
- Play the video.
- Answer the questions as you listen.
- Check your answers when you finish.
How to Practice Vocabulary
- Review the vocabulary from the video below.
- Complete the blanks below with words from the lesson.
- Check your answers. Correct any answers that are wrong!
1) cravings | Things you strongly want
2) consistent | Something done often
3) willpower | Self-control and determination
4) keep up | To continue
5) go back to your old ways | Return to what you used to do
consistent • your old ways • willpower
How to Practice Speaking
- Play the audio and answer the questions with your own answer.
- Click the blue squares to see the questions and possible answers.
- There is a pause of six seconds to answer each question.
How to Practice Grammar
- Choose the correct word for each blank.
- Check you score at the end. Three attempts are allowed.
- Study Tip - Play the video and choose the words as you listen.
Got another minute! Try these lesssons.
What do you do to manage stress?
The more you listen, the faster you improve!