Does Social Media make people happier or less happy?
My definite response would be less happy. I find that there's this trend going around in Social Media where influencers or famous people are trying to make it seem like Social Media is candid and they're showing more real things, more raw things. But I think that even though there's this movement about this, Social Media keeps being very fake, keeps being very Photoshop-centered, keeps not showing everyone's real life with real problems.
I think that, all in all, those who use Social Media can tell you definitely that it makes them less happy. Just the mindless scrolling and the fakeness all around it. So I would say, definitely less happy.
How to Practice Listening Comprehension
- Play the video.
- Answer the questions as you listen.
- Check your answers when you finish.
How to Practice Vocabulary
- Review the vocabulary from the video below.
- Complete the blanks below with words from the lesson.
- Check your answers. Correct any answers that are wrong!
1) going around | Happening or taking place
2) all in all | Overall, in general
3) raw | Natural or not edited
4) mindless scrolling | To view many post headlines without much interest
5) make it seem like | Show something in a certain way
mindless scrolling • all in all
How to Practice Speaking
- Play the audio and answer the questions with your own answer.
- Click the blue squares to see the questions and possible answers.
- There is a pause of six seconds to answer each question.
How to Practice Grammar
- Choose the correct word for each blank.
- Check you score at the end. Three attempts are allowed.
- Study Tip - Play the video and choose the words as you listen.
Got another minute! Try these lesssons.
What do you do to manage stress?
Watch More Videos >>
The more you listen, the faster you improve!