Todd: Hey, Keith. I heard you just got married.
Keith: Oh, yeah.
Todd: Nice. So, how long ago did you get married?
Keith: Oh, I got married last November.
Todd: Really, well congratulations.
Keith: Thanks a lot.
Todd: So, what's married life like?
Keith: Oh, it's great. I love married life.
Todd: How is being married different than being a bachelor?
Keith: You get less dates.
Todd: Yeah. That's for sure. That's for sure. So at home, do you share with like the cooking and the cleaning and stuff like that?
Keith: Oh, yeah, sure. That's the only way to do it really.
Todd: Yeah. Do you cook for your wife?
Keith: Oh, yeah.
Todd: OK. What do you cook for her?
Keith: It depends on what she wants but usually I do the easy stuff like pastas and salads and that kind of stuff.
Todd: Oh, that's nice. That's nice.
What's married life like?
'Married life' is the life you have when you are married. Many people think of married life as being boring. Notice the following:
- He was always afraid that married life would be boring, but it was nice to feel comfortable.
- They were both so busy with work that they quickly had a married life routine and almost never saw each other.
How is being married different from being a bachelor?
A 'bachelor' is a man who is not married. Many people have the idea that the life of a bachelor is about parties and fun. Notice the following:
- His is always dirty because he has been a bachelor his whole life.
- Although he loved his wife it was difficult to end his bachelor life.
You get less dates when you are married.
A 'date' is a romantic meeting with one other person. This can include a trip to the cinema, dinner, a concert, or any other way to spend time with another person. Notice the following:
- She went on three dates with him last week.
- When did you go on your first date?
That's for sure
If something is 'for sure' it is certain or guaranteed. Notice the following:
- We will come to your party for sure.
- For sure I want to see you tomorrow.
Do you share the cooking and cleaning?
To 'share' cleaning is to divide the work between two people. Many people in relationships share the responsibilities of maintaining a house. Notice the following:
- I do all the cleaning. You never share in the responsibility.
- Do you share taking care of the new baby?
for sure • share
Keith talks about things that he likes and dislikes.
Keith talks about what is different and the same after marriage.
Kerri talks about where she gets her news and info to keep in touch with the world.